"Should I put oil in my ears before I come for my visit?"
While this is not essential, it is always helpful to do this prior to your visit.
When should you do it?
At least 1-2 days prior to your visit is useful.
What oil is best?
- Use a cooking oil, such as olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, or rice bran oil.
- It's best not to use any oil with a fragrance (i.e. baby oil), as this can irritate sensitive skin in the ear canal.
How to put oil in your ear:
- Use a dropper (can be purchased at a chemist), or put a small amount of oil on a teaspoon.
- Lie on your side and place a large ball of cotton wool (not cotton buds) into the ear canal gently so as not to allow the oil to escape.
- Stay on your side for at least 2-3 minutes.
- It is not necessary to warm the oil.